Hello I'm Cathy
I have been a practicing Counsellor since 2017.
I am a qualified Adult, Child and Young person therapist.
I decided to explore becoming a counsellor after realising that I enjoyed listening to others and helping them to find the solutions to their problems.
Experience I have –
· Working in schools with children between the ages 7yrs and 16yrs
· Working in Hospices offering Bereavement counselling support to families who have experienced natural deaths, deaths from suicide or sudden deaths.
· Working with Emergency responders and staff in a Police and Fire setting.
· Through personal bereavements I have experienced both with natural deaths and by suicide in my own family. I can support you or your child leaving you safe in the knowledge that I do understand, I know what it is like to blame yourself, to feel lonely, to experience the loss of a parent, sibling or other close person.
Qualifications I have –
· Level 5 Diploma in Person Centred counselling
· Level 5 Diploma in Child and Young Persons Therapy
· Level 3 certificate in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation Processing)
· I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). This is the governing body for counsellors and psychotherapists.
How do I work –
Adults – Whilst working together we will use various therapeutic approaches to explore your issues, including a person centred approach, CBT, ACT to explore your thoughts and behaviours.
Children – We will use lots of creative approaches depending on the age of the child this may be sand play, painting, playing games, it is a more integrative way of working to enable to child or young person to build trust and feel comfortable during the session.